TheMotorLife.com Advertising Policy aims to be Fair For All
To be clear, online advertising is one of the major sources of revenue for TheMotorLife.com – which makes this site free for you to use. In order to be able to provide you with high-quality and continually updated information in a dynamic and effective manner at no cost to you, we have to seek out various sources of revenue including advertisements, promotional activities, corporate sponsorship and affiliate programs.
We’re not trying to pull a fast one on you. The truth is that in order to meet our company overheads, server costs, paying all our amazingly talented people working on the site (you are indeed helping them earn their bread) and keep our commitments towards being a responsible business in the society, we have adopted an advertising policy that works best for us and for you.
The following rules guide our advertising policy:
- We do not sell your personal details to any third party. However, advertisers on our site may have access to your behavior via cookies, but not your personal data.
- We place ads based on where they perform best – if a page happens to review cars, we will advertise more cars on that page. That’s reasonable right?
- We will not use advertising with behavioral targeting unreasonably – if you go to a website about motorcycles we will assume you are interested in motorcycles. It makes sense, doesn’t it? You don’t have to necessarily buy a motorcycle any more than you have to buy anything else! We won’t behaviorally target anything that might embarrass you, and you always have the option to opt out.
- We request that you don’t use ad blockers – contrary to popular belief, sometimes we also get paid when you are just see the advertising without you clicking or buying anything. If you like our website, please do not block our ads – it’s an easy way for you to pay us for using it without it costing you anything.
- We run more ads than it is reasonable to keep track of, therefore if you have a complaint about an ad for any reason, please get in touch with us and let us know and we will do what we can about it – it’s not in our interests to displease our readers*
- We do not allow auto-initiated sound – that means ads are not allowed to have the sound switched on when the page is loading. If by any chance you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will track it down and switch it off as soon as possible*
- The appearance of any advertising at TheMotorLife.com is neither an endorsement of or a guarantee for the product, service, or company (or the claims made in such advertising) by TheMotorLife.com
- We do not allow ads which make you download anything, or which break the site in anyway. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible*
- TheMotorLife.com has the sole discretion for determining the types of advertising that will be accepted and displayed on our site. We retain the right to reject advertising that is contrary to our mission and will not accept advertising in any form for any products or services known to be harmful to health (such as tobacco products, alcoholic beverages and narcotics).
If you see something you like advertised on our site, why not click the ad and buy it here? If you like our site, even if we don’t make money directly from the sale (not all adverts work that way) then it may at least make the advertiser like us more, and therefore spend more with us. We’re not trying to trick you into buying things you don’t want or need, we’re just making you aware of the dynamic you are already involved in, so that you can consciously take part.
Revenue we generate from advertising is basically money that results in a better website for you, our dear readers. It allows us to spend on technology, improve user experience and hire experts to help us bring you first class content. If you like visiting your local shop a lot more than a bigger local supermarket, chances are that you may go there more often to support them, and this is no different to that.
* To help us find the offending ad, please send us a screenshot of the ad, the URL you saw it on and what country you are in if possible. So you know, we will also likely tell off the advertiser, as all of our advertising partners know our rules.
While we maintain an unbreakable wall that separates our content and our sponsors, we see sponsors and advertisers as valuable contributors in our mission to reach out to the various automotive enthusiasts across the world with the most incredible content possible.